Sunday, February 7, 2010

Computers petui petui (pronounced pet ooo eee)

This comes from Betty, one of my knitters,stitcher, hooker friends.
The only way to express yourself when it is something you don't like or shouldn't say. ie:the F word (Fabricland) .Ha Ha. I had you guys going for a minute.
or
the W word (Walmart) or the M word (Michaels).
Now having said that I think Fabricland has been sending us button sales, the girls at Walmart have been sending me quilters and the Michaels lady was in the other day for a copy of the helmet for the troops pattern and she has a customer card. gggg

There has been some speculation about knitting the helmet liners for the troops so I decided to let everyone know on the blog. I spoke with the M.F.R.C. representative (Millitary Family Resource Centre) and these people think it's great. I also spoke with one of my fellow parishioners today about whether he thought it was a good idea and he told me it was great!
Some people don't receive anything from home and he expressed to me that it would be very well received. That's good enough for me. So put away your doubts and start knitting!
As I said to someone else. You don't stop doing comfort quilts because they have enough blankets in the house. It is an expression of support. Support our troops!
Don't forget there will be a knit in at St. Georges Church Saturday Feb. 13th from 10-3p.m. in the Parish House behind the church.
Mary Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment